Glaucon delivers the highest quality level of service by focusing our time and talents on:
– Debt and equity capital placement to support a client’s funding requirements; and
– Acting as sell-side M&A advisers with the goal of unlocking the true equity value of our clients’ businesses.
Placement of Debt and Equity Capital
Glaucon assists clients with the private issuance of a wide range of capital, whether in form of short-term floating-rate or long-term fixed-rate term senior debt, subordinated debt or private equity capital. The proceeds from these placements are used by clients to finance a wide range of transactions, including:
- Growth: provides funds for acquisitions or organic expansion.
- Dividend Distributions: allows owners to generate potentially significant personal liquidity without ceding majority ownership control.
- Recapitalizations: reduce overall leverage or alter the make-up of client’s existing debt profile from shorter-term to longer-term or the reverse, dependent on cash flow and interest rate expectations.
- Management Buy-outs: permits owners to transition ownership control to the next generation of family members or professional managers without sacrificing employees, customers or legacy.
We have access to an extraordinarily broad range of capital providers, including commercial banks, insurance companies, specialty investment funds, finance companies and pension funds. Depending on the specific requirements of a client, we will select capital from more than one type of capital provider in order to construct that transaction in a way which best satisfies the client’s particular objectives and time considerations.
M&A Sell-Side Advisory Engagements
Glaucon works with corporate owners to ensure that the transaction accomplishes the following goals:
- Maximizes the all-in cash proceeds to the owner, (net of taxes, transaction-related costs and the repayment of existing debt);
- Minimizes the ongoing personal liability to the new owners;
- Protects, to the greatest extent possible, the owner’s employees, customers and vendors;
- Transfers ownership to a buyer who will respect the company’s legacy and work to see the company grow and prosper; and
- Achieves all of the above without disrupting the company’s operations or employee morale while the sales process is ongoing.
We understand and respect these objectives and so work diligently to tailor a sales strategy that will generate the most favorable outcome available to the selling shareholder in the market. In some instances, the objectives of the seller are most completely met by presenting the transaction to a large number of strategic as well as financial buyers in order to create a broad competitive auction environment. In other instances a more “low-key”, carefully targeted approach – one focused on a specific type of prospective buyer while also maintaining the competitive bidding environment may be the preferred course.